Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day4

Posting this a day late, but for my pet store friends who are reading? (Hellooo? Are you out there?) We went to a local Pet Barn, a pet store chain in Australia.

After fulfilling my wish of seeing an Australian pet store, Pete & Richard took me on a bird finding voyage. Words out, all the birds are hiding from me - they know I'm here. We headed to a spot where Richard has seen crimson rosella's before. No luck whatsoever. BUT we did see loads of blue wren's. So cute and precious, with bright bright blue on their bodies. Who knew mother nature was so talented. Other birds we spotted? Crested pigeons, Willy Wagtails - and we heard a Barking Owl, Bell Birds and Whip birds.

There was some delicious om-nom-nomming of bacon and eggs for breakfast, out on the Street's verandah surrounded by sunshine. Later, some chickeny goodness. Pete and I headed up to Strickland State Forest and we saw some cool critters. I felt like I was in Jurassic park, surrounded by trees so tall I could barely see their tops. And plants that were taller than me. And even more exicitng, I got to hold my first yabby, which I can only describe for you as a mini lobster. It was sitting in a large puddle. Pete suggested I let it bite me. It was so cool to see it go rigid as it nipped my finger. Somewhere in the midst of travelling through Pandora oops I mean, AUSTRALIA, I met a few leaches. One who decided the bottom of my butt was a good place to hang out. No worries. I stealthily ripped it off... OH! And we heard, but did not see a swamp wallaby! The forest was seriously beautiful.

PS.
For anyone who is reading, PLEASE sign up for a blogger account so you can leave comments. I'm dying to hear from you all!

-Moe

4 comments:

  1. Maureen! It looks and sounds like you are having a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a blast Moe :-) I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a miracle I made an account. Who knows what secrets I have given away. It is all beautiful. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your having a blast!!! Love seeing all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete