Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day4

Can you believe I'm in Australia? I'm still in disbelief. Four days here, and it has been solid sunshine. Spoiled rotten, but I am not complaining. I've gotten to see some pretty cute things, some beautiful things, and just plain awesome things.

Maybe I should tell you about my flight first? Flying for the first time in my whole entire life, by myself was a little stressful. As an A+ worrier, I definitely worried the best I could about it all. But it wasn't worth worrying about at all. Flying is way better than ferry rides and bus rides...they give you food! Free food, too if it's an extra long flight like my flight from Vancouver to Sydney. I happened to be lucky enough to have an empty seat beside me for the long ride to Sydney, extra leg room is always a plus. Lots of free food, and uneventfulness. Airplane highlights? Taking off? Fun. Turbulence? Not bad! Free food? Delicious! No complaints here, none at all.

Australia is beautiful, it definitely is another land. It's strange being in a place where the plants, animals, people are different. Everything is different. It's a strange feeling. There are SO many birds here. The company is pretty good too :b

Yesterday we went to the Japanese Gardens at Gosford, where there was also an art gallery. Beautiful artwork there, including a stunning silk painting running for $8,500. I better start saving now, eh? And Pete & I ate delicious pie. I had the best lemon meringue pie I have ever had. It was also the tallest pie I've ever had. And a walnut pie of deliciousness, topped off with some tea. I also met some lovely Australian ladies at the gift shop and then we headed to Terrigal. THE BEACH WAS BEAUTIFUL! So many seashells, I've never seen so many. It makes me sad to know that I can't bring these home with me. It also makes me sad that I can't fill my current notebook(sketchbook) with plants, and tea and other things like that.

The beach was bright, warm, sandy and instead of doing what you think one would do in Australia at a beach (swim, sunbathe) I did the better, more fun thing...BEACH COMBED! There were flat rocks after flat rocks of amazing tide pools with crabs, shells, and to Pete's joy a sea hare!! Oooo and starfish too!

Two huge pelicans flew over our heads, and we later saw them lazing about ontop of a powerpole. So big their butts nearly hung off. To make things even better, after ordering some thai food we had to wait for its completion, we walked down the boardwalk and I got to see my first wild lorikeets. A dozen or more lorikeets were tucked high up in a tree, I'm assuming getting ready for the night to sleep. They were so loud, I'm not sure these birds ever, EVER sleep! They were such beautiful colours, noisy and happy. I wish Nova Scotia had wild parrots. Quigley and Daffodil would be so excited by all their chatter.

It's almost too beautiful here. Everything is pretty!

-Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment